Start Date: Immediate
ABOUT HAWK-EYE »
Hawk-Eye Innovations develops, markets, and delivers the most sophisticated officiating tools in sport. We are a Sony company and are a fundamental part of officiating and broadcasting in over 25 international sports across our Ball and Player Tracking, SMART (Synchronised Multi-Angle Replay Technology) and SMART Production products. Every year we cover over 30,000 events and games across 500+ stadiums in over 90 countries.
ABOUT THE ROLE »
We are recruiting to fill Technical Guarantee roles within our expanding Football department in Cyprus. This position will include on-site work at football stadiums around Cyprus and possibly further afield. We will equip you with the technical training, support and full exposure to our systems to perform your day to day tasks but also encourage development and progression to help make an impact on what we do.
- Setting up the video review system technology
- Conducting pre-match checks of the systems in accordance with standard procedures
- Liaising with football official, stadium/club personnel, match officials and host broadcasters both on-site and remotely
- Monitoring and operating the technologies during the match
- Building and maintaining our hardware and equipment including ordering/purchasing new or replacement parts
- Organizing logistics for travelling between stadiums and tournament/training locations as and when required.
- Research and development into new projects and new systems
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU »
- A strong technical background, ideally with a university degree in science, technology, engineering course or relevant professional experience
- Bright and enterprising with excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive, responsible attitude and ability to work on your own initiative with minimum supervision
- Time management skills and ability to work in a high pressure, procedural, live broadcast environment
- Ability to liaise with clients and customers in a professional and approachable manner with attention to good communication.
- An interest in sport and/or sports analysis, ideally with a good knowledge of football and rules of the game
- Full valid driving licence with more than 2 years driving experience required. (Preferable experience driving Goods Vehicles over 3000 kg up to 3500 kg DGW)
- Experience working with VT/replay technology desirable, or live event / technical production
- Proficiency in English and Greek languages required.
- Able to adapt to flexible working conditions with irregular working days including weekends and longer days
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US »
- A high-autonomy role with real exposure to the forefront of the sports officiating and broadcasting world
- Boost your career with a high responsibility role in a world-class environment
- Access to the some of the most intelligent, innovative and driven people in our industry
- A fun, exciting and creative environment